Wednesday, September 24, 2008

One of mother's worse nightmares

So I was getting my kids ready for the day and realized I only had one of Ethan's shoes and I figured he must of kicked one off in the car yesterday so I went outside to look for the missing shoe. As I returned to the house with the shoe, I was horrified to find out that Benjamin has locked me out of the house. I soon got fustrated and out-of-control as I Ben kept saying he couldn't unlock the door and he wanted me to do it. I kept trying to explain that mom didn't have the keys and HE HAD TO OPEN THE DOOR!!! I kept yelling comands through the window, telling them to let me in. After many attempts of a locked top lock with an unlocked bottom lock and Vice verca. I even opened the garage trying to get in, but the door was lock there too. My next thought was to break the front window to get in, or call matt to come home. Just then my neighbor arrived home, I ran to her asking her to help me keep control and explain to Ben how to let me in the house because I was locked out. Thank goodness for her, She stayed calm and objective and came up with the idea that Ben could just unlock the back sliding glass door better. So sure enough, after being locked out almost 20 min, with 3 kids locked in (all of them crying) I was in the house and relieved!

3 comments:

mamagee said...

Oh my golly - you had to be just scared to death. The story reads like a nightmare. What a good neighbor and great boy Ben was to listen and get everyone out of that situation.
Love, Favorite Aunt Linda
PS - I think it is amazing that all three boys are equally apart of you and Matt. Guess that is why they are so adorable!!!

Heather English said...

I am glad that I could help. I know it is a panic when you can't get to your kids.

stevensfamily said...

We had this happen too. Ian locked Brandon out of the house, only I had to come all the way home from work to let him back in. LOL! It is nice to hear we aren't the only one that has had this happen.