Thursday, September 04, 2008

Ben can write his letters

So the story goes like this...

I was nursing Cameron downstairs with Ben playing near by in the room (Ethan was asleep). Ben had gone upstairs and I yelled after him saying that he needed to come here where I can see him. So he obeyed and sat at the top of the stairs right in my vision. He was playing with something and singing but I couldn't tell exactly what he was doing up there. I figured he was playing with ABC's since he was singing the ABC Song.
And in a way I was correct...

Ben had practiced his E's and F's on the fridge

and his T's on the door and his name on the floor.

At first I was so fuming mad, I put him in timeout and I started to clean it up. Until I realized that this was one of those moments that I should capture and cherish . . . Ben loves writing letters and he's not even 3 yet. I should be proud of his "ART". So I pulled him out of time out and explained Where it was ok to color and where it is not ok, Then I made him clean it up.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Rachael said...

That is TOO cute!! I think you handled that VERY well. I bet he liked cleaning it up huh?

LudvigsonFamily said...

You are a great mommy and Ben is amazing with his letters!

mamagee said...

What a great Mom - and so wise!! He really does do a great job!! Your kids are so darn cute. How blessed you are.
Love, Favorite Aunt Linda