Thursday, January 22, 2009

Mr. Smartie Pants

Ethan does the cutest things sometimes. Lately he has done a few things that have really made me laugh and caught my attention to really how smart he is and how he perceives this world.

The first thing Ethan did that made me laugh my socks off, was when Ethan sat down next to me, while I was nursing cameron,and he had his baby doll in his hand and he preceeded to lift up his shirt and put the babies head under it. I asked him what he was doing and he said "shhh baby is eating"

Then a couple of days later (again while I was nursing) I hear a scream coming from my bathroom and I hurry in to find a Naked Ethan with arms and legs flying. Ethan said "Potty mommy"... He had taken off his zipper pj's and diaper and climbed onto a box and tried to go potty all by himself. It took all of my self control not to laugh at him as I helped him (my almost 2 years old) out of the potty he had fallen into.

Ethan is my very independent boy and he now has learned the tecnique of opening doors. So everywhere we go in the house he feels like he needs to open the door and close it for me. So the other day I was trying to put away my "Put away box" from my fly lady plan (I'll explain later) and it took me almost 30 min to put away 15 items or so because I had to wait for Ethan to open and shut the door for me everytime I entered or exited a room. If I insisted on opening a door I had to spend double the time trying to calm him down from a fit.

Ethan is less than 2 weeks away from turning two and I already suffer from "Terrible Twos." I think what makes "Terrible Twos" so Hard is they don't have the communication skills to tell you what they want, but they are smart enough to know how to get your attention. WISH ME LUCK!!!

4 comments:

Claudine said...

When I first had Emilie, Isaac tried "nursing" his bear on his belly button - it's the only thing on his belly that stuck out! Kids are so funny about what they observe and try to duplicate!

mamagee said...

Things never change - Shane did the same thing - 36 years ago. I do wish you luck during those terrible twos, but you are such a great Mom I'm sure it will be a breeze for you. By the way, we do want to set a date for another GNO. Katie got a cricket too so she will bring hers. Let's try and come up with a date in February. Have you got any ideas for a good time?
Love, Favorite Aunt Linda

eillebeillem said...

ahh Charley you have very cute boys. I have a little one who just turned two also. We will be doing the terrible two's together. :)Good Luck

Melanie Smith

David and Taryn said...

Spencer is doing the same thing right now with opening the doors. I swear he opens and closes doors all day long! whatever makes them happy right!

I'm with you on wishing they could communicate better, it would make life so much easier. Hope you're dooing good.