Friday, October 17, 2008

Farewell Grandma


I just heard about an hour ago that my grandma has past away. Any death of family is hard and sad but most of us are happy and relieved. She has been in theropy recovering from surgery and her health was just failing. Elaine Richards Earl will be missed. I loved my grandma very much.
Some of my most favorite memories are the weekly visits to her house. Everyone that lived in the valley came over every Sunday and played games and talked. She was always the first and last person I said hi and bye too.

My mother told me that when I was a baby I was attatched to grandma and I would always go to her. This made my Grandma feel especially special since alot of the other grandchildren went to grandpa.

Grandma was one of the most ontime, organized and planned individual. She was also the most loving and encouraging person I knew.

One thing I am amazed about is her strength at the end of her life. Her husband, My grandpa is considered legally blind and deaf, and he has become very scenile. While grandma was in surgery my parents and Aunts and uncles took turns taking care of him... and they eventually couldn't handle it and hired help. This job was my grandma's individually. This proves really how much my grandma was putting up with for years.

Grandma Earl, We will all miss you and we know that your in a better place. I thank God that knowledge that I have. That she is in Heaven and no longer suffering.

3 comments:

mamagee said...

Charlotte,
I am so sorry to hear about the passing of your grandma - you are so strong! Aren't we grateful for the knowledge of the Gospel plan? But we still miss them very much. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.
Love,
Favorite Aunt Linda

LudvigsonFamily said...

Dear Matt and Charlotte,
You are in my thoughts and prayers. I am so sorry to hear about your grandma. That is always so hard to lose someone close to you. Please let me know if there is anything I can do for you.
Take care,
Rachele

Heather English said...

Yes, it is hard to lose a Grandma. Especially when there are so many memories of her. I know its comforting when you know that they are no longer suffering though.